Please carefully review the job description below, or click here to download the job description.
If this is a position that appears to be a good fit, we welcome you to apply by downloading the application at the bottom of the description. Please upload three documents with your first and last name in each file: a resume, a cover letter, and the complete application.
Tidal Vision is committed to diversity and inclusion for all employees. This is a learning process that involves examining our own habituated ways of working and shifting to ways of working that will not only attract but also sustain engagement and employment based regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran, uniformed service member. Achieving equity is our goal. We invite all who are willing to join in our commitment to apply and help shape our ongoing efforts.
JOB TITLE: Sales Team Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
SUPERVISES: Sales Team
STATUS: Exempt, salary
SALARY: $80,000 – $120,000/year (based on qualifications)
This position is responsible for the organization’s sales team and process management. Works with executives on business strategy to determine and communicate objectives, and continuously improving the sales process. The position requires a process driven tactician with strong analytical thinking, people management and problem-solving skills. A highly skilled listener with strong question asking skills.
You will join an energetic, collaborative, entrepreneurial team to accelerate a fast-growing business. The role will report directly to the COO.
As the sales leader at Tidal Vision, your responsibilities include developing growth sales strategies, tactics, and action plans to deliver meaningful results. Successful execution by you is required to help the company achieve financial goals. Your duties include hitting annual targets, building new relationships, and understanding customer trends.
As resources become available, you will grow the sales team with responsibility for recruiting, hiring, training, leading, and retaining sales talent.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works with CEO and COO to review business development opportunities and strategies to develop sales/growth plans and goals.
- Provide reports to the CEO and COO regarding strategic long term development opportunities
- Provides support, management and accountability to sales staff, including selection, development, coaching, regular department communication, and timely performance reviews.
- Works with departments to assure business development process is integrated well and operates efficiently within company operations.
- Responsible for managing CRM software.
- Develops and delivers effective sales presentations.
- Participates in trade shows, marketing/sales seminars and sales calls.
- Demonstrates skilled negotiation and communication skills, adept at qualifying and identifying the right customers through questions and listening.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals and development opportunities to COO and CEO.
- Supports in the closing of new business deals.
- Forecasts quarterly and monthly revenue streams – organized by sectors, products, and highlighting changing demands within different markets.
- Supports salespeople through the technical and closing process after identifying and qualifying a potential new customer.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Attend or lead staff meetings, trade shows, training or other company events as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Education & Experience:
- Either Bachelors Degree and 4 years experience in a similar role, and/or 5 or more years relevant experience with a technical sales (ideally chemistry based).
- Four or more years sales and account development experience with supervisory/leadership experience leading sales or business development teams.
- Demonstrated success meeting sales quotas or business development objectives
- Experience with data analysis and converting data into actionable goals.
- Management, supervisory and leadership experience and training.
- Preference given to applicants with experience in industrial industries such as agriculture or speciality chemicals.
- Strong cultural competence and/or experience or understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion, and or non-violent conflict resolution skills for a professional setting are a plus.
Skills and Ability:
- Demonstrated ability to stay current with changes in the sales environment to best serve the objectives of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), including strong in-person and phone sales skills, email and other written correspondence.
- Effectively meet sales quotas and goals.
- High aptitude for networking across industries and channels.
- Skilled at creating partnerships and have a talent for consultative selling.
- Computer proficiency with mobile applications, including G Suite and CRM system experience preferred.
Licensing & Special Requirements
- Washington State Driver’s license and proof of insurance required by time of hire.
- Incumbent is subject to a background check.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Most of work is performed in an office and warehouse setting but will require travel outside the office. May require sitting for long periods of time. Position requires hand manipulative skills for word processing and writing. Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the phone and in-person with background noise. Must be able to consistently identify objects and persons at a distance and read fine print on various forms.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.