Please carefully review the job description below, or click here to download the job description.
If this is a position that appears to be a good fit, we welcome you to apply by downloading the application at the bottom of the description. Please upload three documents with your first and last name in each file: a resume, a cover letter, and the complete application.
Tidal Vision is committed to diversity and inclusion for all employees. This is a learning process that involves examining our own habituated ways of working and shifting to ways of working that will not only attract but also sustain engagement and employment based regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran, uniformed service member. Achieving equity is our goal. We invite all who are willing to join in our commitment to apply and help shape our ongoing efforts.
JOB TITLE: Strategic Regulatory Development
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
STATUS: Exempt, salary
This position is responsible for identifying regulatory obstructions to our target markets (agriculture, textile and water treatment), as well as opportunities for future growth via regulatory reform, and taking creative action to open markets from a regulatory perspective. This role will focus effort more on opening opportunities via the regulatory environment than on regulatory compliance. This will require both legal and political savvy, the ability to problem solve, utilize networks and resources, and think entrepreneurially. This role will work closely with the sales and market development teams and company leadership when identifying opportunities and crafting strategies to execute on. This will apply to regulations both domestically within the US and abroad.
This may be a remote position with a preference to relocate to Bellingham.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Systematically researches, learns, understands, and documents the regulatory environments, key players, and agencies as it pertains to each of our markets and geographic market regions.
- Identifies opportunities to open new markets or areas to grow within existing markets by making regulatory changes.
- Identifies regulatory obstructions to current or prospective markets.
- Develops creative strategies to resolve regulatory market obstructions or opportunities.
- Executes on regulatory strategies by whatever legal/political/ethical means necessary.
- Develops and maintains positive, productive relationships within the regulatory agencies that affect our business.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Attend or lead staff meetings, trade shows, training or other company events as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated experience to become a subject matter expert.
- Five plus years experience in a professional setting which has required creative problems solving, research and networking skills.
- Experience successfully navigating or circumventing complex bureaucratic processes.
Skills & Ability:
- Excellent research and organizational skills.
- Creative problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, research and process documentation skills.
- Strong cultural competence and/or experience or understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion, and or non-violent conflict resolution skills for a professional setting are a plus.
- Proficient with computer software, including Google Suite.
Licensing & Special Requirements
- Washington State Driver’s license and proof of insurance required by time of hire.
- Incumbent is subject to a background check.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Most of work is performed in an office and warehouse setting but will require travel outside the office. May require sitting for long periods of time. Position requires hand manipulative skills for word processing and writing. Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the phone and in-person with background noise. Must be able to consistently identify objects and persons at a distance and read fine print on various forms.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.